Stumbled across this while setting up specific user roles. Created an "Event Manager" who requires access to creating events. ACL is just "Create Events".
- User can access the Event creation URL just fine "/civicrm/event/add?reset=1&action=add".
- They can edit the event (fill in fields, etc)
- They can press "Continue" to save the event.
They CANNOT do the following until they are granted "Access CiviCRM" permissions:
- Use CKEditor (it does not load)
- Or the datepicker (it does not load)
If this is not a bug, can anyone advise where to look? The reason why we do not want to grant "Access CiviCRM" permissions is because of the Quick Search bar - to which there doesn't seem to be an ability to disable if "Access CiviCRM" is enabled.