We'd like to set up a template email that will send (one time only) to individuals who have a specific relationship type added to their contact record.
- (Individual) A is a member of (organisation) X. Both A and X are in Civi as contacts.
- A has a new relationship to X (e.g. of type 'Chairman of') added to their contact record
- This triggers an automated email to be sent to A (with helpful content specific to that relationship type)
What we tried
I thought I might be able to do this through:
- setting up a Smart Group (for all contacts with relationship type 'Chairman of')
- setting up a scheduled reminder with recipients limited to the Smart Group so that every time a new contact is added to the Smart Group they would be sent the scheduled reminder.
However, this doesn't seem to be enough, as there's no 'entity' (of 'contact in group' or 'relationship type') or similar to trigger the scheduled reminder.
Any ideas if/how we might be able to get this going?