If I check an events registration option "Require participant approval" and change the participant status from "Pending from approval" to "rejected", no e-mail notification will be sent.
If I check this forms option "Send confirmation" the user is receiving an e-mail but with the wrong template (I guess it's "Events - Registration Confirmation and Receipt (on-line)"). This e-mail should only be send to approved participants and it is really misleading if you change the status to "rejected" or "cancelled".
This whole approvel thing is realy unclear to me and the documentation lacks information. So I'm asking:
- What do those participant status mean? (e.g. "cancelled" vs "rejected")?
- How do I reject a participant waiting for approval the right way?
- Is it possible to notify the participant about the recejection of his registration?
- If yes, can I send individuell messages with some details about the reason of the rejection?
- For which mailings are those templates used:
- Events - Pending Registration Expiration Notice
- Events - Receipt only
- Events - Registration Cancellation Notice
- Events - Registration Confirmation and Receipt (off-line)
- Events - Registration Confirmation and Receipt (on-line)
- Events - Registration Confirmation Invite
PS: I know that I should separete this questions into multiple SO questions but they are closely related.