Has anyone successfully used CiviCRM to manage sales opportunities?
I appreciate that this is more of a business feature. However, charities and non-profits in the UK (and perhaps elsewhere?) increasingly find themselves working in a more businesslike manner. For this reason some organisations need to be able to record and manage sales opportunities. Has anyone successfully implemented this for an organisation using CiviCRM? If so, how would you suggest doing this?
The type of functionality required is as follows:
- record a potential piece of work as a sales opportunity
- link this to an organisation (and/or individual contact)
- attach a financial value to this opportunity (and ideally a probability of success)
- have a set of predefined stages for an opportunity - i.e. the sales pipeline (initial contact, qualification, meeting, proposal, close)
It should also generate the following reports:
- list of open sales opportunities to follow up
- potential income (value of open leads x probability)
- overview of sales won and lost (monthly/quarterly/annually)