Which platform - at the present day (but also with an eye for the future) - is recommended to use for a new organization that is setting up a completely new website and want to use CiviCRM?
I'm volunteering for this org. and am helping them decide what platform to use
My thinking so far:
- For Drupal, i understand that at the present day integrates better with CiviCRM, with fewer bugs and with slightly more extensions.
- Drupal has better security (and the org. will be accepting donations and memberships)
- Also the fact that CiviCRM uses Drupals "permissions" and "roles" could be a plus maybe?
- For WordPress, i'm thinking that the growth and size is a long-term advantage, for example if the organization needs to find more developers.
- Also, future development of CiviCRM could maybe be geared towards prioritizing WordPress because of it's popularity?
Grateful for any help on how to think about all of this!
Respectfully and with kind regards, Tord
Reference: How is CiviCRM different in Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress?