Hi, I was working on my database today and munged something up. No problem (I thought)... I did a back up beforehand just in case. Unfortunately, after restoring the database I now get the following when I try to access Civi from the front or back end. WordPress is running fine. (Note: The database restore was a red herring. It was a change of the PHP version at the same time that caused the problem)
Civi was working perfectly so I'm rather baffled as to what the issue would be since it's all the same data as before.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Initialization Error Array ( [callback] => Array (  => CRM_Core_Error  => simpleHandler ) [code] => -25 [message] => DB Error: extension not found [mode] => 16 [debug_info] => [DB Error: extension not found] [type] => DB_Error [user_info] => [DB Error: extension not found] [to_string] => [db_error: message="DB Error: extension not found" code=-25 mode=callback callback=CRM_Core_Error::simpleHandler prefix="" info=" [DB Error: extension not found]"] )
I've found two mentions of the same error
- CiviCRM Initalization Error: DB Error: extension not found
Both refer to the problem being the use of the MySQL extension. I'm a little out of my depth at this point. As far as I can tell there were no changes to the server in the short time between when I made and restored the backup DB.
As mentioned in my reply to Kainuk below, it turns out the host upgraded the PHP from 5.4 to 7. I don't have shell access, or access to the folders mentioned in the links in my previous addendum, so I'll have to get the host to look at it. Will report back with the results of that. (Turns out I didn't need to go to the host. I was mistaken about where to implement the changes)
The host CPanel dashboard is still showing the old PHP version. I only discovered the PHP version was changed to 7 by running a phpinfo query.
The problem was resolved by implementing these changes https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-17874 in /wp-content/uploads/civicrm/civicrm.settings.php