I did a test install of WP and civi on a different site using the same host and got no problems. I checked the PHP settings against each other and they are the same.
System Status: Error link takes me no where, nor does the
Configure Your Dashboard link. By which I mean the URLs they give are just
When I click on them, the page just loads for a while and I'm taken to this screen:
I've tried visiting civi features by inputing the URLs directly, for example
?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fadmin%2Fconfigtask&reset=1 to reach the configuration checklist. I suppose the problem then is that the CiviCRM Dashboard and Toolbar do not show up when I try to access Civi. Another interesting thing is that Civi's CSS does not render when I'm in the backend. The image below is my contact group manager:
Update 2: As requested I checked he JS Console and hoo boy are there a lot of errors! 64 in all. Mainly 404 errors. For instance,
jquery.min.js fails to load because the server responded with 404. It's the same story for most of them. Nearly all of the errors are 404s, but there are a few that read
Uncaught TypeError which I'll reproduce here:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_defaults' of undefined at admin.php:8 at admin.php:102 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function at admin.php:7 at admin.php:146 Uncaught TypeError: CRM.$ is not a function at admin.php:517
For all the 404 errors can navigate to that in my file in FTP and look at it, but cannot access them through my browser, which is something I can do on installs that work. For example
/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/bower_components/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css is present in my files, but I can't navigate to it in browser.
Looking at the permissions to get to that file, every directory is
755 and the resource itself is
settings.civicrm.config and found the global variable
$civicrm_root was set correctly to
/home/USER/public_html/civitest2/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/. I went to the Resource URLs settings page and replaced the CiviCRM Resource URL which was defaulted to
http://mydomain.website/civitest2/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/. On refresh, the menu and dashboard were there.
This could have been discovered faster had I bothered to read the URLs more intently and see that it was duplicating my domain root.