I want to use CiviCRM to track volunteer hours and allocate rewards. My question is, how do I use CiviCRM to automatically report on volunteer hours?
Time tracking is used for these reasons:
- 12+ hours: full time staff member.
- 24+ hours:eligible for going to the staff after-party.
I work with a Japanese Art and Culture Society. Fancy name for anime convention. We have a major event once a year and a couple of smaller ones.
It would be nice if whatever system we end up, we can use it to:
- Track contact information for our volunteers across all events.
- Track volunteer hours per event.
We have been getting hitting a snag when it comes to the time keeping. I was reading up on civihr. I haven't seen anything about time keeping, but it does look to be able to handle volunteer info for departments, managers, admins, staff, etc. That may be one part of the solution.
I hear CiviVolunteer may be the time tracking part of the solution.
For the time tracking: Can anyone think of a way where we could either have a staff member self punch in and out when they work a shift, or an easy way where we could maybe use the QR codes or ID numbers on our staff badges where supervisors could ideally use their phone to scan a staff members badge to start or end someone's shift?
I know in the past with some version of a check in an out system, we had issues if for some reason someone happened to miss checking out, though this shouldn't really be an issue if we could use phones instead of having to type in data.
To recap, we are looking to create a system that, ideally, would be able to:
- Store a volunteer's info(Personal Data, Department, Contact Info)
- Track different staffers' hours.
- Make reports that show the total hours of each staff member in each department.
- Have different access levels (Volunteer, Department Head, HR Overlord, etc.).
- Make reports with goals.
To expand on that last point, it seems like if there is a way to track time, it should be very easy for our organization's HR Overlord to be able to log in and, with a couple of clicks, be able to pull up a list of all people who qualify for the staff dinner (in this case, they worked 24+ hours between 2017-04-07 08:00:00 and 2017-04-09 17:00:00).
At this point, I'm guessing I would use:
- CiviHR to track Volunteer information, departments, and access permissions.
- CiviVolunteer to track Volunteer hours and to be able to make quick reports.
Can CiviHR and CiviVolunteer even work together in this way?