If you're using the iATS Payments Extension you control the schedules of recurring contribution from within your CiviCRM. You can already edit a given recurring series and change the next scheduled date. Can this be done in bulk?
Since yesterday you can now do that if you're using Drupal! @jackrabbithanna (Mark) added some code to CiviCRM Entity Project, which now exposes civicrm_contribution_recur as an Entity in Drupal so that you can manipulate it in Drupal like any other Entity. Will post some steps/screenshots here:
- git clone https://github.com/jackrabbithanna/civicrm_entity.git
- this is fresh - look for it soon on https://www.drupal.org/project/civicrm_entity
- Enable modules: views, views bulk operations (VBO) and CiviCRM Entity -> also Enable the CiviCRM Entity Actions submodule
- Clear caches twice!
- Add a view: Show: Recurring Contributions Profile; you will want it to Format: Show: Fields and Create a page for it.
- Add Field: Bulk Operations: CiviCRM Contribution Recur
- Select Modify Entity Values (as we're going to want to update values)
- In action - go to your page
- Hit Execute
Select Next Scheduled Contribution Date and assign the new value for it (this is the date/time/format that CiviCRM uses): 2017-05-01 00:00:00
Next and Confirm! And check that it worked: it did - will transact on May 01, 2017: