I've been thinking about different ways to create a report that displays case notes (in other words, case activities). These are the two options I've considered, but with some limitations. How do you, or organizations you work with, tackle this problem?
The options include:
1. CiviReport - Use the "Activity Details" report and set the filter: Include Case Activities to "Yes."
- Limitation: Cannot filter case activities by "Case Type." This will be important because one may only want to see case activities by a certain team.
- Printing: Generally, "Print Report" is clean. "Print to PDF" may need some CSS work to display case notes that are really long in length.
2. Drupal Views - Create a View with the CiviCRM Activities. Use filter to expose criterias (e.g., Case Type, etc).
- Limitation: None other than printing.
- Printing: Some clients may have 800+ case notes. Currently, I do not believe there is a way to print multiple pages.