If a donor makes a credit card donation that is later reversed/refunded, what is the best way to record this? Just delete the gift? Can you record a negative gift amount to offset the refund?


We go to the Contribution > Edit Contribution, change Contribution Status to Refunded. It is one of the drop-down options for Contribution Status.

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.