CiviCRM has a table called civicrm_subscription_history. This table stores a log of each time a contact is added, removed, or deleted from a group. That's cool. It seems to be reliable (tied in to the groupContact BAOs), and is even used with the role sync Drupal module too.
But, it doesn't seem to be 'used' anywhere? The information in the subscription history is never exposed to the front end? It seems to be just an ever-growing list of history that most users will never know exists.
The follow-up questions would be (if indeed it isn't exposed anywhere), should we:
- Create a feature request to be able to turn the functionality on/off?
- Create a feature request to expose it via a UI in core?
- Create an extension that exposes it via a UI?
- Copy out the code into an extension, with a UI that exposes it (and eventually deprecate it from core)?
- Leave it alone? (Our table has 9 million rows though...)
It feels like a loose-end at the moment.
Edit: I notice it is exposed by the new GDPR extension from Veda Consulting.