Judging from various questions here it appears possible to remove a contact from a group using a webform. e.g. See this question. But 'how?' I have added the group to the webform and want to give the user a checkbox so they have the option to be removed from the group. But I'm stumped as to the next step. What component can be configured to link to the group? I've added a 'select options' component but can't see how it can be configured.
- On the CiviCRM tab of webform, add a contact using Existing contact
- Set Enable Groups and Tags to Yes
- In the Groups box, choose -User Select-
If you don't want all the groups showing:
- Go to the 'Webform' tab
- Click 'Edit' for the Groups component
- Select 'Static Options' and choose which groups to show
When the form is loaded with an existing contact, the checkboxes corresponding to the existing groups should be ticked. Untick and save to remove from the group.