I just switched logging on for a 4.7.27 install which was working just fine. Now, when clicking on 'Change Log' tab I get the 'Network Error' popup with the message about being unable to reach the server. And there's no response at all. The rest of the system works OK still. I checked all the log_xxx tables were created, cleared Civi & Drupal caches. I've also looked at the several questions about this error but none seem to apply - this was a site that was working OK and it's only the change log that's affected. This is a Civihosting hosted account, by the way. Ideas?
This seems to be a bug as it's also reported by another user. So I raised this issue https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21799
Here is the query and error message:
INSERT IGNORE INTO civicrm_temp_civireport_logsummary SELECT entity_log_civireport.id as log_civicrm_entity_id, 1, entity_log_civireport.log_action as log_civicrm_entity_log_action, '' as log_civicrm_entity_log_type, entity_log_civireport.log_user_id as log_civicrm_entity_log_user_id, entity_log_civireport.log_date as log_civicrm_entity_log_date, modified_contact_civireport.display_name as log_civicrm_entity_altered_contact, modified_contact_civireport.id as log_civicrm_entity_altered_contact_id, entity_log_civireport.log_conn_id as log_civicrm_entity_log_conn_id, modified_contact_civireport.is_deleted as log_civicrm_entity_is_deleted, altered_by_contact_civireport.display_name as altered_by_contact_display_name FROM `dcmadmin_civicrm`. entity_log_civireport INNER JOIN civicrm_contact modified_contact_civireport ON (entity_log_civireport.entity_id = modified_contact_civireport.id ) LEFT JOIN civicrm_contact altered_by_contact_civireport ON (entity_log_civireport.log_user_id = altered_by_contact_civireport.id) WHERE ( modified_contact_civireport.id = 9304 ) AND (entity_log_civireport.log_action != 'Initialization') GROUP BY entity_log_civireport.log_conn_id, entity_log_civireport.log_user_id, EXTRACT(DAY_MICROSECOND FROM entity_log_civireport.log_date), entity_log_civireport.id; [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'dcmadmin_civicrm.entity_log_civireport' doesn't exist]
This is generated from one of the Ajax calls which is fired when you click on the Change Log tab of a Contact. The URL of that call is:
I am not sure what the precise problem is, but those are the details. Given that this site uses CiviCRM 4.7.27 I would recommend that the first step would be to upgrade, if possible.