[I have updated some information following Tamara's answer, but it is still not accessible by anonymous users]
I need people to be able to be able to sign up and pay for membership.
- I set up a CiviCRM Membership and a Price Set for the membership
- I created a profile (including custom fields) for the membership registration
- I ticked the box that says 'Account Creation Required' under WordPress user account registration option for the profile [Update: one of the profile fields is Email (Primary)]
- . I've set up a CiviCRM Payment Page for membership fees using above profile. [UPDATE: I set up some Word Replacements, hence Payment page not Contribution page.]
- I've checked the permissions for Anonymous Users to create, edit, view profiles.
- CiviCRM: Access all custom data fields checked for Anonymous
- CiviCRM: access contact reference fields is checked for Anonymous users [Update: I'm using address details from Contacts]
- CiviContribute: make online contributions is checked for Anonymous user
- [Update] CiviCRM: Profile listings and forms: is checked for Anonymous user
- I've created a Wordpress page and used the CiviCRM shortcode to add the payment page
When I access that page logged in, it displays no problem. Logged out, it's coming up with the civiCRM alert 'You do not have permission to access this page.'
When this happened before for another civiCRM profile I set up (with no payment), it was because I had not ticked 'Create' within the civiCRM shortcode options for Profiles; as soon as I did that, anonymous users could you see the page and fill in the form and create an account.
However, with a payment page, I'm not seeing an option for 'Create'.
How do a I set up a page where people can sign up for membership, create an account in Wordpress, and pay the fee all at the same time when not logged in?
Any help much appreciated.