I'm crowd sourcing features for, and people interested in, a Crowd Funding extension for CiviCRM.
I've made a head start which meets most of my needs. The work so far is open sourced: https://github.com/JohnFF/com.civifirst.crowdfunding/ this is being used and has been used for some time in a Production setting.
It has the following features:
- Each Contribution can have a Parent Contribution (to be renamed "Target Contribution") which has an "accumulated funds" field.
- The accumulated funds on the Parent Contribution is updated as Contributions with that Parent Contribution are added.
- The status of the Parent Contribution is updated as funds are added in real time as well: from Pending, to Partially Paid, to Completed.
- Any Event Participations dependent on that Parent Contribution have their status updated as well.
I want to add the following features:
- A generic screen to display statuses of things being Crowd Funded for (I've made this bespoke for my needs, it's just not in the extension yet).
- The ability to email all Contributors.
- A hook for "upon Contribution" to let other extensions use the system.
I am mostly seeking requirements, suggestions, and co-maintainers. I am prepared to put up time and potentially cash as well.