I reviewed tutorial on migrating to a new domain. It suggests fresh install of wordpress, then civicrm, which I did. I changed settings in wp-includes/update/civicrm/civicrm.setting.php file to reflect new domain. I then "dropped" all civi tables from database (at new domain, except civi_domain, and then used phpmyadmin to export large db file (just civi tables & data) from command line with "foreign key check disabled". Then, due to .sql file, I ftp'd to user account. Then, used the following mysql command to import db.sql. This is culmination of 8 days of various processes and trial/fails.
mysql -u db_user_name -p db_name < db_file_to_import.sql (it will prompt for mysql db password)
New domain worked, but the modules from "old domain" were listed and displayed as Enabled (Missing). I am given the option to "Disable". This is because the extensions were detailed in the db_table civicrm_extension, but no files due to fresh install.
I then ftp'd the extensions from old site to the new domain into; /wp-content/upload/civicrm/ext/ And... then hit refresh in the extension mgr ui in civicrm and all were recognized...
I can also individually, disable, uninstall, find new, install each module and that process worked too.
In searching around for the extension info I did find one additional absolute path location from old site at /wp-content/upload/civicrm/persist/crm-ckeditor-default.js (FYI)
RESOLVED... Hope it helps someone else