When we first installed CiviCRM - the installer was super eager to install using the existing WordPress database. We were just testing out CiviCRM at the time, so it was not a big deal - however we ended up sticking with CiviCRM and now we are migrating to a new server. Before we migrate to the new server - we think now is a good time to separate the CiviCRM tables from the wordpress tables. Based on the stack mentioned above, I plan on doing the following:
- Enter site into "maintenance mode". i.e. temporarily close to public.
- Create a new civicrm database
- Export the civicrm tables from the original wordpress DB.
- Import the civicrm tables into the new civicrm database
- Edit wp-content/uploads/civicrm/civicrm.settings.php to point to the new civicrm-only DB.
- Drop the civicrm tables from the original wordpress database.
Is there something else I should be aware of?