I am trying to install CiviCRM on Azure using the Wordpress for Linux web app and it appears CiviCRM is failing to find the MYSQL server. I've checked many times to see if the database information, including the MYSQL server information, inputted is correct and it's correct. I've even tried variations of the MYSQL server name, including using port numbers at the end, but it's had no impact.
I tried to install previous versions of CiviCRM to see if that would help, but the same error continues to show up. A similar question came up a few months ago, but I did not see a clear answer on how to resolve the problem.
I am wondering if this is a bug with CiviCRM that is specific to Azure or if it's something on Azure's side of things. I don't think it's on the Azure side of things because I can install Wordpress and use MYSQL bench with no issue using the same database information.