this has me stumped, and wondering if anyone else has encountered it.
I have a profile search results page where the result table includes both standard fields and custom fields.
I am able to sort the table successfully on the standard fields by clicking the arrows/column headers, but the custom fields column sort fails. I see one of two errors:
If I click the up/down arrows next to the column header text, a popup "Network Error Unable to reach the server. Please refresh this page in your browser and try again." appears, and a 500 server error is registered in the web server error log.
If I click the column header text, I get a 404 page with the error message "Class name must be a valid object or a string"
You can see this in action live at https://www.fawco.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/profile&force=1&gid=18&reset=1&crmRowCount=100&Itemid=388 ("Name" and "Country" are default fields, "FAWCO Region" is a custom field.)
Per my testing:
- Search itself works properly.
- There are no errors in the CiviCRM log or the Joomla log.
- Joomla and CiviCRM debug modes have not shown any errors.
- web server logs report as described above, 500 for the sort request via arrow, 404 for the sort request via text.
- Adding and removing different default and custom fields to the results makes no difference: default columns consistently work and custom consistently fail.
System is Joomla 3.9.10 with CiviCRM 5.15.1.
Has anyone seen this before, or could someone give me a hint where I could start troubleshooting?