- Wordpress 5.3.1 (on Siteground)
- [upgrading from CiviCRM 5.19.2 to] CiviCRM 5.20.1/2
Apart from a (quite lengthy) list of templates that might be affected by the db upgrade, this process goes as expected. But upon reloading, I lose the CiviCRM menus and get, instead, the weird mile-long mess at the bottom of the page.
I can confirm a 404 error on the crm-menubar css, and I can also see that the path to that file has changed from the previous installation. The previous path had been:
in version 5.20.2, it is:
So I've changed the $civicrm_root (in the settings file) to:
But I'm still getting the 404.
- double checked the directory permissions (though it isn't clear why these might have changed)
- cleaned up the caches and updated the paths
- read about a whole lot of similar cases, here
This isn't (yet) a crisis or anything, but I do keep reverting back to the previous version, as it's a lot pleasanter to deal with (though the security warnings are working as they should, and I'd really like to get this patch).
I suspect that this is related to resource URLs, but I'm not sure what additional steps to take.