Like probably many of us here, I am faced with cancelling a number of our events and refunding people. I have probably 10 events to cancel and 200 participants/contributions to deal with. All event registration payments were made via Stripe.
I just want to be sure I have the optimal workflow.
- Go to Manage Events.
- Pick an event, select participants, registered participants.
- For each person in the list:
- Click Edit. This takes me to editing their event registration.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window, which shows me their contribution record with a status of Completed.
- Click Edit on the contribution record. Now I'm at Edit Contribution.
- Get the transaction identifier from this window. Flip over to Stripe Dashboard. Search for that transaction ID. Hit refund and accept that customer requested.
- Go back over to the CiviCRM tab. Change Contribution Status to Refunded.
- Click Save. Now I am back at Edit Event Registration.
- Change Participant Status to Cancelled.
- Click Save. This takes me back to the participant list.
Is this the right workflow? Is there a faster way?