I need to import from an external database 1500 contacts with their memberships and contributions.
Everything I read about it in Stackexchange was written between 2015 and 2017.
Is the following still up-to-date?
- I can't import everything within a single .csv file, CiviCRM is not build this way
- It takes 3 steps:
- import contacts with external id connection prevents to look up for contact ID within Civicrm
- import memberships with external id field
- import contributions with the proper membership_type
- Using CSVimporter is the proper tool
Should I do this way or do is there a quicker way?