I understand from other posts that the new Search Builder is included in 5.29 but is hidden. I'd like to give it a try - how can I access it?
Note if you install from a tar file the extension is not available until 5.30. Git/composer/buildkit installs have it in 5.29.
Also the styling on the search page is messy until 5.31, and before then has some other issues.
UPDATE: As of 2020-10-06, it's now visible in the UI as an installable extension called "Search Kit" that comes included with 5.31+. You just install it like any other extension. For earlier than 5.31 see below.
Using user interface
- In civi go to the menu for support - developer - api3 explorer.
- Choose Extension with action Install.
- For parameter pick Extension Key, and for the value put org.civicrm.search.
- At the bottom click Execute.
- Then the Search menu will have a new option at the bottom.
Using command line
cv api Extension.install keys="org.civicrm.search"