I volunteer with a small non-profit and we recently decided to create a new CRM using CiviCRM. I am a complete novice with this and am learning it all from scratch - really appreciating the community and all the help on offer.
As we are planning out the work I am struggling to come up with a rough estimate for how long it will take and was hoping someone could advise. I realise this is a bit 'how long is a piece of string' but it would be good to hear from peoples' experiences how long similar-ish projects can take, either in hours or days for different stages.
We currently have around 300 members and we are planning to start off with a fairly simple CRM focussing on membership management. The key features/aims are:
- Integrated with our Wordpress website (currently using shared hosting but may move to cloud).
- Securely hold very basic member data; provisionally names, email, region, membership subscription amount, and have some basic tags.
- Contact groups, with some groups having access to specific pages on our website (e.g. 'members' have more access than 'supporters').
- Automated updating of the database when members join, leave etc.
- Connected with a payment processor.
- Automated emails following certain triggers e.g. lapsed payments.
- Ability to set up events, invite different contact groups, and record attendees.
- Email and event templates.
If I have said anything that doesn't make sense please let me know! Here to learn.
Many thanks, Nick Sharma