My Question is: For the current 4.6.4 CiviCRM are there any suggested solutions / recipies to create a crowdfunding / P2P site with shopping cart style options ? Also, please comment if this is something you are interested in building/funding/etc.
Goal: Build a P2P Crowdsourcing Application that integrates with CiviCRM
Crowdfunding / Peer2Peer social campaings have been very popular and effective. Civi has critical pieces to running a crowdsorucing platform but an important part is to select multiple causes and add to a cart.
Some great sites out there are:
- And many many more of all shapes/sizes (I have some lists if anyone needs one.)
I found some 3rd party services that (claim) to integrate with CiviCRM (I'm open to using a 3rd party but these seem to provide data and not workflow integration.):
CiviCRM is really well suited to provide many "causes" and integrate back-end workflow. For example, each of the causes being a donation page and leverage the p2p are personal campaign pages.
I'm working with an organization that wants to integrate Civi workflow and allow the following:
1. Create a Grant Application (ie. A Cause)
2. When Grant is approved generate a donation page
3. Populate the donation page with a story and info from the Grant
4. Display pages in CMS
5. Checkout / payment via donation page in CiviCRM.
Most of this is nicely built-in to CiviCRM but there are a couple of issues:
- Checkout is for a single donation page, but want the opportunity to "Shop" for multiple in one checkout. (major)
- We could be looking at 100s of donation pages which may get tricky to manage without some hierarchy in the backend(minor)
- Custom relationship between grant and donation page (minor)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/uc_civicrm Druplal Ubercart has a shaky future - Commerce has the limelight
- https://www.drupal.org/project/commerce_civicrm Not maintained - older version support
- Webform Civicrm is another option, but it only supports one static donation page.
More discussions here: