We have been using civi live for a few months in a hosted environment. In response to concerns from the admin team I took some timings for common tasks and agree with them that performance is very disappointing. We intend to use a monitoring package to investigate but would be grateful for any views on the results below:
- search for a contact = 8 secs
- select edit a contact = 5 sec
- edit a contact field <1 sec
- save edited contact = 8 sec
- edit a financial type = 5 sec
- edit a communication preference = 7 sec
- renew a membership = 3 secs
- edit greeting = 6 secs
- edit address = 8 secs
The system is accessed over broadband and other services are fine.
I realise there are many hardware, software, database issues that can affect performance but would be grateful for any comments on the general premise from administrators that they system is very slow.