We want to create a role for a certain set of users in WP/Civi - to have access to only a certain group of contacts.
Here's what we have done.
- Added the Members plugin to create new roles
- Assigned that role to a WP user
- In the Group of contacts settings -enabled Access Control (under Group Type)
- Under Access Control > WordPress Access Control - disabled all the areas this user should not have access to when they log in
- Under Access Control > 1. Manage Roles > Created a Role under
- Under Access Control > 2. Assign Users to CiviCRM ACL Roles > Assigned the Role created in the previous step and assigned it to the group with the Access Control to that group (options is anabled)
- Under Access Control > 3. Manage ACLs >
- Added an ACL
- Added description
- Added the Role
- Gave Operation of View
- Type of Data = A group of contacts
- Group = the group with the Access Control enabled
If I log in as that person, all the features are missing that I disabled under WordPress Access Control, so that is working. However, the person can still access all the of contacts they should not have access to.
We have followed all the instructions here https://docs.civicrm.org/user/en/latest/initial-set-up/permissions-and-access-control/ and followed this video https://youtu.be/_fIw1ovN_-I but somewhere this a step missing that we are clearly overlooking.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.