I'm new to CiviCRM so I may be missing something obvious, but research hasn't helped me yet. This is for a small-scale organization using Wordpress where we don't want users to log in to the site. We are not trying to set up auto-renew, which seems to be what most of the questions that turn up in searches are about. All the member data was successfully imported from CSV files and mostly everything in the admin GUI looks and behaves normally AFAICT.
- I have a CiviCRM membership contribution page set up following the Online membership sign up directions.
- We are not using Price Sets. Memberships are rolling. The payment processor is Paypal Standard.
- The contribution page successfully records the Member Dues contribution, matching to existing users.
- But the membership doesn't change.
- In this post, which is about auto-renew but was the most helpful I found, KarinG said " If Membership is important for your org consider an extension that handles the logic for you. Eg -> if Contribution is Completed -> add +1y to current Membership start (or end date)." That would be perfect!
- So I installed CiviRules, but I can't find an existing Action (there is Add Membership, but we just want one membership per person and don't mind gaps or type changes).
- I started looking at the directions to create one's own triggers, but before going down that road, I wonder/hope if there's some simpler way that I'm just missing!
Thanks so much for any tips or help. I'm loving this project and hope to be able to contribute down the road!
-- Adding new information based on the responses:
- The online contributions are marked Completed. IPN is enabled and working.
- The contribution is associated with the membership - thanks Jon G for pointing me to that. Under Related Contributions I see name, amount, type, source, received, and status Completed.
- Now I see the actual problem! The members who have renewed so far skipped a year. When I imported the memberships to the database last month, the current person had an end date of 12/31/2020. The new end date is 12/31/2021. They renewed on 2/6/2022 so we want the new end date to be 2/5/2023.
So now I have 2 questions! First is a meta-Stack Exchange question - how best to rework this so it's clear what the actual issue is? Second, what's the best way ensure that membership renewal dates are extended the way we want? Memberships are rolling with duration unit 1 year. I have status rules set up to put memberships in Grace period if they are under 2 years past end date.
Thanks so much!