I have found an issue with CiviCRM 4.4.14 (Drupal 7.39) which I can not fathom. I have checked everything that I can think of and nothing obvious springs out.
I have a non-Smart Group of 369 contacts (361 with e-mails- so technically 361). When I go to CiviMail and generate a mailing it will only send to 311 (with duplicates filtered 308) which I can not get to rise. I have checked the following:
- That they have a primary e-mail address
- That they are not flagged as do not e-mail/no bulk e-mails
- They are not dead (something from the old forums) suggested null deceased
- They are not on any stop flags
- They are not on hold
- The organisations they are members of are "current" memberships
Everything says they should receive the mail.
Oddly, the previous mailing reports reported much more; at 354, but as far as I am aware there were no unsubscribes since that mailing.
has anyone else experienced this?
edit Having made a copy of the group and removed all the contacts without an e-mail address; it appears that having a blank e-mail address does not cause the issue. In that case it would only send to 311 of 361.
I have also searched the old forums and have found similar issues Missing contact in mass-mailing Warning : Undefined offset and missing group members in mailout list et. al. but it does not appear that there were many ideas beyond what I have already tried.
Analysing the group, there is nothing obvious that would explain the missing 50, like a type of contact, or the like.
edit 11 Sept I have now had a change to go through the mailing and the relevant group to work out what is going on and I am no further.
Just a few quick stats which may prompt someones thought process:
- There were 54 contacts in the group (of 362) which the CiviMail did not go to - 7 additional members of the group did not have e-mail addresses
- 50 of those 54 contacts had a surname starting with S however 1 contact starting with S did have the mailing sent to them.
- There is a mixture of current and grace memberships; other contacts with those memberships received the mailing.
- There is a one organisation and the rest are individuals with a variety of sub-types; other contacts with those sub-types received the mailing.
- None are pending/on hold/etc
Something of note though which may be significant.
I went to the original group, to pick out and create a new group of those that did not receive the mailing. When it came to the letter S (and 50 of the 51 needed selecting) I clicked the checkbox to select all the members of the group so that I could then de-select the one who did.... it would not let me.
On the select records option it still showed 0 selected records and it errored when I tried to add it to the new group I created. I had to manually select all 50 records for it to work.
I also tried to send a CiviMail to the group of 54. It would only estimate that I would be sending it to 4 recipients. This would suggest to me that I am looking at the 50 contacts with surnames starting S.....
edit 25 Sept This issue continues for us and I am still running into dead ends in terms of leads.
- Of the 54 contacts, 4 have been discounted as they are duplicates within the mailing group
- Of the 50 that remain, I have them additionally in a separate group that I can select all and send an e-mail to and they will appear on the e-mail screen. This suggests that the actual e-mails are valid without any stray spaces.
- This affects the same contacts across all the groups. We know that there was not an issue on 26th August when a civiMail was sent out which contained many of the group, but then fell over between then and 4th September.
Obviously I will be trying to send the monthly mailing to all the recipients on the list manually to see if anything bounces back; but that probably won't explain why this specific list of people, surname starting S, can not be sent anything via CiviMail.