We are using CiviCRM with Wordpress and would like to switch it to Drupal. I have created a fresh Drupal/CiviCRM install and gave CiviCRM it's own database. How do I go about transferring the data from the old Wordpress site to the new Drupal site?
Assuming that a) you gave CiviCRM a separate database under Wordpress, and b) you installed the same version of CiviCRM under Drupal:
- Dump the current CiviCRM database to a .sql file.
- Load that database into Drupal.
- Review "Moving an Existing Installation to a New Server or Location" for relevant details regarding deleting caches etc.
- Delete all the entries out of the
civicrm_uf_matchtable in the CiviCRM database (while logged in as user 1).
- Go to Administer menu > Users and Permissions > Synchronize Users to Contacts.
That should repopulate your
civicrm_uf_match table and thus connect your Drupal users to contacts. Log out and log in again (in a different browser) to make sure everything looks good - and clear your caches again!