CiviCRM Version : 4.6.10
Joomla Version : 3.4.5
Is CiviCase suited for the following scenario? If so, out of the box? Or would it need to be extended?
Member opens a case (on front-end) to begin process of earning certification
2 Path Options:
1. Earn (defined # of) credits over a set period of time (by attending courses).
- a. Org Staff adds approved (3rd party) credit courses to system (not CiviEvents).
- b. Courses viewable by member on front-end (case management).
- c. Member checks a course once attended/completed.
- d. Course credits are applied to Member Certification Credits.
- e. Once required amount of credits are earned, Member requests certification approval.
- f. Org Staff confirms credits actually earned (against rosters), Approves/Denies Certification.
2. (Pay For) and Download exam to complete and submit to Org Staff.
- a. Member submits payment via front-end form
- b. Thank you page displays link to downloadable exam
- c. Member completes exam and submits to Org Staff (via email/snail mail)
- d. Org Staff Approves/Denies Certification
Want to keep this functionality within Civi, it is our current members that will be applying for the certification.
Again, the courses are via a 3rd party, we do not want any involvement setting them up in Civi Events. Only to put them in a list of pre-approved creditable courses that the user can check off.