Using: Joomla 3.4.7; CiviCRM 4.6.10; testing with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
ISSUE: Contribution Form (infrequently) fails; bounces to Home Page (if one can get to next screen/action button) or timeout error (on devices, when one chooses PayPal option)
- Using our Contribution form USUALLY SUCCEEDS, and for both the PayPal and Credit Card options
- INFREQUENTLY it fails; always at the point when User touches/selects the lower Payment options fields
- This problem cropped up earlier this year and it was more pervasive; using forum info and our own testing we isolated that the use of "OTHER Amount/custom field" apparently triggered the problem. We took two steps: Updated to the latest CiviCRM, and removed the "OTHER Amount" option.
- This gave us SUCCESS; Robust cache deletion was required for some to see this success, though.
- Subsequent testing on multiple platforms/browsers/devices made us think this was resolved, and we had planned to revisit the OTHER issue in January.
- HOWEVER: The problem showed up again yesterday for ONE User (out of almost forty successful submissions). That one user confirms that the problem exists on Safari and Chrome (Mac), and on an iPhone.
- As a result of his failure, we re-tested: we had success on everything except an iPad—when we got to the form fields related to payments, it bounced us to the Home page; when we noodled with the fields (tabbed instead of touched) we could fill out those fields but it took us to the home AND reported a timeout.
Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your considerations.