**UPDATE #5: See new answer at bottom. It's a fix!
**UPDATE #4: Decided do a clean install of 4.7.1 and see if I can point it to a working 4.7.1 backup database. I suppose I need to follow Kurund's wisdom on this, eh? https://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRMDOC/Moving+the+database+using+phpMyAdmin
**UPDATE #3: Well, it's been a nasty Mercury in retrograde these past couple of weeks. Or Murphy's Law has been acting like a troll. Had a power outage last night that exceeded the UPS runtime and this sandbox didn't gracefully shutdown. Ugh! Got it back up except...
4.7.1 gave me a blank screen again. Cleared the cache, checked all settings. All was intact except now missing a few files and folders. Ugh! Tried to reinstall it from Joomla Install-from-Folder function but that now gives me a blank page (500 error). I then decided to uninstall 4.7.1 and reinstall a fresh package but same results. It stopping after 30% of the folder/files are being installed.
I checked the database again, too. Noticed that in table
field is gone
**UPDATE #2: I was finally able to upgrade after starting with a good 4.6.10 database backup. Then again in table
marked that field column to NULL, and made sure the version number was set back to 4.6.10.
Then reading through the documentation again, deleted
I then performed the 4.7.1 install again and it worked.
**UPDATE #1: Seems there is an error of corrupted table creation in the log files. http://pastebin.com/KajmZuC1
There is an old bug by core developers on this supposedly fixed but here it is again. https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-9493**
I actually have a dead upgrade now from 4.6.10 to 4.7.1 on Joomla 3.4.8. I am still running PHP 5.4 if that makes a difference considering the warnings during the upgrade.
After initial upgrade, I got a system error message on pop-up and where the notice is at the bottom of the container next to the CiviCRM version number. The error was that no Crons were recorded. I opened Scheduled Events and it showed all active Crons having just been run.
Next, I Cleared Caches but on this settings page the paths were missing from the HTML. I decided to hit the Reset Paths button and then everything went blank.
Front and backends are completely blank now. All paths in civicrm.settings.php and civicrm.config.php are correct including MySQL settings.
Here is the latest entries in the ConfigAndLogs log file. http://pastebin.com/KajmZuC1
Also, "No mailboxes have been configured for Email to Activity Processing" but this shouldn't break the upgrade.