Our scheduled mailings have stopped working. We upgraded to 4.7, but I'm not sure this has got anything to do with it. So I'll paint the picture, and the reason why I'm asking about jobs.
Mailings that we create are started by they job scheduler as the should. I.e mailing status is changed from Pending to In Progress. But no mailings are sent out.
However the following does sent a batch of mailings:
- manually running the "Mailings scheduler" job from "Administer->Scheduled jobs"
- calling the mailer function from a web call ("index.php&option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/mailing/queue&reset=1")
Test mailings from mailing composer also works. So mail sending as such definitely works.
The "Mailings scheduler" job reports no errors. And the status change of the mailing is done by the "Mailings scheduler" as it should.
So I've been trying to figure out what is different between the two ways of running the "Mailings Scheduler" job. Why does dispatching from the job scheduler not work but running manually does, even though the scheduler says there are no problems?
In summary, if I create and schedule a mailing, with a cronjob that runs every 5 minutes:
- the mailing is started correctly by the mailing job
- no mails are actually sent
- the mailing job reports OK on every invocation
- a manual run of the "Mailings Scheduler" job from "Scheduled Jobs" sends one batch of mails correctly
It seems similar to this question, which has no accepted answer so far.