I'm trying to figure out how to do automated workflows. This is an example of one such process:
- Member fills in a request to host an event using Caldera Forms (at the moment). I currently have some custom code that creates the event in CiviCRM for me, using the API, upon submission.
- Reviewers must approve the event request
- Once approved, an email needs to be sent to the event host with specific event information
- We then wait for the event host to send us a document with the announcement
- Reviewers must approve the announcement
- An announcement is then bulk emailed to all members
- Opens to the general public 3 days after the given date of opening to members
I've looked at CiviCase, which would be great to manage each of these events but is there a way to trigger the activities above from a Case? I need to be able to pull information from the event record for various parts of this (steps 3 and 6, for example).
I currently do this manually - I send the email by manually updating the email before sending.
We get so many requests that I sometimes lose track of where I am with each of these events. If I also have to manually update CiviCase, that adds to the workload and kind of defeats the purpose of streamlining this process.
Thoughts? Suggestions? I can write scripts to call the API if need be, if that is the only way but seems that it would be part of the app? Thanks Norm