I have had a custom application written to search and display using the API, but since this has happened, I have been unable to edit custom fields in the contacts.

I have checked that I can edit the standard fields fine,, I have tried rolling back the database and files to before the changes, I have cleared cache, I have updated CiviCRM and Wordpress. BUT the issue remains.

I work for a charity and this is their support system for helping their members. Any experts have any Ideas. At this point I am willing to try anything you can think of.

  • Have you given access custom data permission? – Pradeep Nayak Aug 24 '20 at 13:20
  • This is happening on the super admin account as well as others so it it’s permission related – Dan Aug 25 '20 at 14:07
  • it can be frustrating but its worth trying a few things. You mentioned a 'custom application'. It might be worth sharing more about this. If you have rolled everything back and the issue persists then it suggests a OS change i.e. database update/PHP version change or something. Some release notes on the custom app would be worth looking into. – Parvez Saleh Aug 25 '20 at 17:02
  • The custom app just uses css to gather some field values and displays. It basically just searches the database for the fields and then displays using css and api – Dan Aug 26 '20 at 18:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.