In CiviVolunteer, I have two roles (perhaps 'Event Set-up' & 'Event Staffing') needed at different times (say Friday at 7pm for Set-up and Saturday at 9am for Staffing).
In my installation ( Civi 4.5.8 on Wordpress 4.1.1 ), someone can register to 'Set-up' on Saturday or to 'Staff' on Friday - The roles are not linked to the times needed.
Where do I start troubleshooting?
(I'd test on the demo, but you can't!)
Edit: I was able to test on the 4.6.1 Dupal sandbox and it does work where you must choose a role (time is hidden), then a new box appears to choose a time for that role. On mine, both the roles and times appear at the same time and inappropriate combinations are possible. I couldn't find any way demo for testing on a WP install, so I was confirming first that this is not a bug, and second, then how to fix. You said perhaps a broken script - but this is on multiple machines (& front & back end), so I assume it's my configuration somewhere. Where should I start looking to figure out the problem? Here's my a screenshot of the page:
Edit: No Errors in browser console with backtrace and debugging turned on.
Edit: I confirmed that volunteersignup.js is at:
/primary/www/wp-content/plugins/files/civicrm/ custom /org.civicrm.volunteer/templates/CRM/Volunteer/Form
It is NOT at /custom_exe/
I double checked Extension Resource Dir:
Extension Resource URL: `http://example.com/wp-content/plugins/files/civicrm/custom_ext'
Changing these to other values broke many other things - These setting all follow the help prompts & book instruction from what I can tell.
Changing these to custom made no change. .I didn't find a reference to a .htaccess change - is this a file permissions change, or a file content change?
I changed the resource dir (
/webroot/b/g/example/primary/www/wp-content/plugins/civicrm_ext) & urls (
http://example.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm_ext) to the file. File has permission read access (755). I can browse to volunteersignup.js at the new location and view as an anonymous user. The file name is still not found when searching 'view source' on the sign-up page. No custom coding has been done anywhere on the site.
I cleared cache from the admin (system settings > Cleanup Cache) and from manually deleting files in
template_c per wiki. (The clearcache url gave an error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.")
I've also disabled all the civi extensions and wp plugins. This completes all the tasks on the troubleshooting hit list Coleman posted.
But still NO CHANGE on the form! And no errors on in the console. sigh...
Edit: I upgraded to 4.5.8 just incase there was an easy fix there. I didn't think there would be reading through the change logs - Of course, still no change...